The PubMLST website underwent a redesign aiming to improve accessibility and provide an enhanced experience for the thousands of users that visit it.
On November 13, 2020, we hosted an online showcase event and welcomed over 200 participants from the global microbial genomics community.
You can watch all the talks and QA sessions on our YouTube channel.
- 14:00 Welcome and introduction - Martin Maiden, University of Oxford, UK
- 14:15 New look PubMLST - Keith Jolley, University of Oxford, UK
- 14:30 Ribosomal MLST: A universal bacterial typing system - James Bray, University of Oxford, UK
- 14:45 Interactive visual analysis of PubMLST data - Margaret Varga, University of Oxford, UK
- 15:00 Break
- 15:10 The role of cgMLST, ST, and CC from PubMLST in Campylobacter surveillance and outbreak detection in PulseNet USA - Heather Carleton, CDC, USA
- 15:25 Pasteur MLST and Klebsiella - Sylvain Brisse, Institut Pasteur, France
- 15:40 Chlamydiales: old and new - Yvonne Pannekoek, Amsterdam UMC, The Netherlands
- 15:55 Translating microbial genomics for public health benefit: Meningococcal Deduced Antigen Reactivity (MenDeVAR) Index - Charlene Rodrigues, University of Oxford & St George’s Hospital, UK)
- 16:00 Fantastic data and where to find it: The PubMLST Pneumococcal Genome Library - Melissa Jansen van Rensburg, University of Oxford, UK
- 16:15 The IRIS initiative: Using PubMLST to support a large international research network - Angela Brueggemann, University of Oxford, UK
- 16:25 Final questions and closing remarks
- 16:30 Close.