Neisseria Factor H binding protein sequence typing
The fHbp allele and peptide database has been incorporated in to the Neisseria MLST sequence definition database, allowing querying from a unified interface.
The database enables alternative fHbp nomenclatures to be cross-referenced and harmonized. Each novel fHbp nucleotide sequence is assigned a numerical identifier in order of submission. This is also done for the corresponding peptide sequence. PLEASE NOTE: as some nucleotide (allele) sequences encode previously assigned peptide sequences, due to synonymous substitutions, the allele sequence and peptide sequence identifiers do not necessarily correspond. The database enables the allele and peptide sequence identifiers to be related to each other and to any alternative names. The fields that are displayed by browsing or following a search can be customized from the options page. By default the sequence is not displayed.
Modular groups α and β as described in Beernink & Granoff 2009 and Pajon et al. 2010 have been renamed as 1 and 2, such that, for example, Aα2;Bα1;Cβ5;Dα5;Eα8 becomes A1.2;B1.1;C2.5;D1.5;E1.8.
A fragment of the sequence has also been analysed by Hong et al. 2012. These sequences are available at fHbp_DNAfrag_Pasteur and fHbp_PEPTIDEfrag_Pasteur.
- Neisseria Typing Home
- Summary of fHbp alleles | peptides
- Identify fHbp alleles and peptides
- Submission of new variant sequences
- Submission history
- fHbp allele: 1253 alleles (last updated: 2016-12-01)
- fHbp peptide: 985 alleles (last updated: 2016-12-01)
- FHbp segment A: 73 alleles (last updated: 2010-07-29)
- FHbp segment B: 13 alleles (last updated: 2010-07-29)
- FHbp segment C: 87 alleles (last updated: 2011-06-02)
- FHbp segment D: 22 alleles (last updated: 2010-07-29)
- FHbp segment E: 95 alleles (last updated: 2011-06-02)
- fHbp DNAfrag Pasteur: 159 alleles (last updated: 2016-07-04)
- fHbp PEPTIDEfrag Pasteur: 127 alleles (last updated: 2016-07-04)