Automated submission system
We have introduced an automated submission system for some of the larger species databases hosted on pubmlst.org. This offers a number of advantages over submission via E-mail:
- Multiple curators
- The burden of curation can be shared amongst a team of curators with the load balanced as appropriate.
- Curators can be marked as unavailable, for instance if they are on holiday, and submissions will then be routed to another curator.
- Data checking
- The submission system will automatically prompt for all required information. For instance, isolate data can be uploaded but if ST or profile information is omitted you will be prompted to upload new profiles and/or allele trace files.
- The formatting of the data is enforced, so where fields are constrained to a list of allowed values, only those values will be accepted. Submission errors will be highlighted along with an explanation of how to correct them.
- No E-mail attachments
- Submissions don't require large attachments to E-mail messages that can fill curators' in-boxes.
- Submission tracking
- Records of each submission are stored in a database allowing the performance of the submission process to be monitored.
Submissions are only sent to a curator once you explicitly close the submission. Prior to this you can abandon your submission at any stage, so don't worry if you make a mistake.
- Accounts and logging in to the system
- Submit new alleles
- Submit new isolates / STs
- Please note that you can only get a new ST assigned by also submitting corresponding isolate data. You can submit new alleles at the same time as new allelic profiles that contain the alleles.
- Abandoning submissions
Click image to enlarge or download in PDF format.