BIGSdb user guide
There are two types of BIGSdb database: one is for sequence/allele definitions and the other is for isolate data.
Sequence definition databases
Sequence definition databases contain unique sequences for any number of loci defined by allele numbers. They can also hold scheme profile definitions, i.e. unique combinations of alleles at specific loci defined by a primary key field.
- Querying sequences to determine allele identity
- Browsing scheme profiles
- Querying scheme profiles
- Investigating allele differences
Isolate databases hold isolate provenance information linked to sequence data. These sequences can be tagged with locus details and allele designations can be defined for each isolate.
- User-configurable options
- Quering by allelic profile
- Retrieving isolates from a list
- Retrieving by linked publication
- Data analysis
- Exporting data